Thursday, March 19, 2009

First day of Documentary shoot.

Today myself and my Assistant Director as he would like to be called filmed at Shibuya FM 78.4  in Tokyo. It was an interesting experience. I felt very professional. I recorded Dj flourish live as he spun records for the radio show. DJ Cap is the host of  the show and they broadcast every thursday from 6pm-8pm. I even made a special guest appearance on air. Surprisingly censorship is not an issue on the radio here in Japan. The time went by so fast that I didn't even notice. 

Dj Cap and Dj flourish are cool peoples very cool. They were very supportive and they helped me out alot. Later that night we met up again to shoot some DJ's and get some footage from the clubs. Dj Cap and DJ Flourish pulled a lot of connects and got me and my AD in the clubs without a hassel. I had a press pass and everything. Some of the clubs included Club P, Club Asia, and Club Veunos. This particular night there was a special event going on with all the DJ's in Tokyo, perfect timing. With this event club goers paid a cover charge of 4000 yen to get into 11 different clubs. Yea 11! You could walk in and out of any one you want. I met several DJ's, Japanese Rappers, and Promoters. It was an incredible seen to watch. 

At the end of this documentary, I can tell that DJ Flourish and DJ Cap and I are going to have a good relationship. They just like to have a good time. DJ Cap will be Deejaying at club Asia on my birthday, my 21st!. And he's going to make sure I have a good time I can't wait.
When this documentray is completed I want my audience to see how dynamic DJ's are In Tokyo Japan.  

Here's some footage of some footage

No comments:

Post a Comment